- Birth name: Han Bennink
- Born: April 17, 1942 Zaandam, the Netherlands
- Genres: Avante-garde jazz, free jazz
- Occupation: Drummer, percussionist
- Instruments: Drums, percussion, saxophone, clarinet, violin, banjo, piano
- Associated Acts: Irene Schweizer, Dexter Gordon, Sonny Rollins and Eric Dolphy
- On the Web: HanBennink.com
This Holland born drummer was one of the pioneers of free improvisation, known for his unconventional use of practically anything for a rhythmic source.
He also formed ICP Records.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our Newsletter and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.